All young people have the opportunity to participate in a variety of extra -curricular clubs and activities in Stonelaw. We would encourage as many young people as possible to take part in the wider life of our school via clubs and activities.
There are a wide range of benefits that come from involvement in extra -curricular activities, for example: -
- Improved academic performance– participating in activities you are positive about can increase brain function, help you concentrate and manage your time better
- Open your mind to new interests and views– when you participate in multiple different activities you will have the opportunity to explore a range of interests and unlock passions you never knew you had
- Improved Wellbeing- the more you achieve success through activities you are passionate about the more your self-confidence, self -motivation and self-esteem will improve
- Social opportunities– making friends can be hard but one of the easiest ways to make friends is through extra-curricular activities by providing you with another opportunity to expand your social network
- Build your skills– some of the skills you will develop through extra-curricular opportunities include goal setting, team building, leadership and problem solving. You can then transfer these skills back into the classroom and towards your learning
- Productive breaks– participating in clubs and activities provides you with a break from studying and a chance to get outside, see your friends, destress and refresh your mind
For a full list of extra-curricular opportunities click on the link below.